This graphic is a simple illustration of why some things never see the light of day.
The return to my blog while not “new” is a new beginning. It is a true reflection of the tension illustrated here.
We can spend much of time answering questions that haven’t been asked or answered other than inside of our own heads:
Why do this? Will anybody follow or benefit?
…and the answer to almost all of these types of questions – is that other than yourself
- If you’re not doing it, nothing is happening.
- If it’s not out there, nobody is judging you, nobody is looking.
- If you’re not speaking with an independent voice, then how are you relevant?
To paraphrase Seth Godin – don’t keep waiting for the perfect horse on the carousel – just get on they are all going to the same place.
So here I am.
I’ll be reflecting on many things, and hopefully doing it in a way that reflects an attitude of dancing like nobody is watching.
I will be dipping into:
- How and why we change
- What we say and how we say it
- How we respond and how we react
- What blindsides us and what truly motivates us
- Assumptions we make
- Things we fail to challenge, and those that we do
- Challenges we fail to take and those that we choose to pursue
- That we care more deeply about each other than most of us care to or know how to express.
- That community is at the core of humanity.
- That we all wish for a better world – the world that we share, but at present not so well.
I hope to bring something to that discussion
My primary motivation is that this blog may change somebody’s life for the better – bring more clarity, more insight, and more reflection at a time when they need it, now or in the future. I also hope people will use this to look back and reflect on their own experiences and take the learning forward.
Being a father of 2 wonderful daughters this also serves as a capsule for them to understand me and perhaps even themselves better in years to come when I can’t be around to explain myself.
I’m on this blog knowing that it makes me more real, more vulnerable, more reflective and considerate.
Thank you for giving me your time.